CO2 Hang-on Drop Checker U-Shape Kit
Monitoring and maintaining the correct CO2 levels in your planted aquarium is vital for a successful setup. The drop checker is a reservoir for indicative fluid that tells you whether you have too much, too little or the correct levels of CO2 for your plants.
How to install your CO2 Drop Checker
- Take your drop checker and fill the reservoir half way with drop checker solution.
- Using the suction cup, submerge the drop checker around 15cm below the water and stick to the aquarium glass sides.
- Based on the concentration of your CO2 in your water, the colour of the solution will change. This could take up to 2 hours before you get your first reading.
- Check the colour. Blue = too little CO2 concentration, Yellow = too much CO2 (dangerous levels for fish), Green = optimum levels of CO2 for plants and fish safety.
- Based on your reading, adjust your CO2 bubble rate using your regulator if required. Wait a further 2 hours for concentration of CO2 to change and check your readings again.
TIP: You will need to turn your CO2 ON 1-2 hours before the lights come on to ensure CO2 levels are increased ready for the photo period.
Write an online review and share your thoughts with other shoppers!