Monitoring and maintaining the correct CO2 levels in your planted aquarium is vital for a successful setup. The drop checker is a reservoir for indicative fluid that tells you whether you have too much, too little or the correct levels of CO2 for your plants.
Specially-designed to suit a professionals needs.
Made of glass, for max reliability.
Supplied with 10ml Drop Checker Solution and Suction Cup
No mixing nor preparation required.
This is everything you need to start testing CO2 in your aquarium.
The solution will last around 6 months, if changed once per month.
Drop Checker Size:
Set up Guide:
- Outside diameter:3cm
How to install your CO2 Drop Checker
As a guide, usually between 1 - 3 bubbles per second through your bubble counter is usually enough to get a green reading on tanks up to 200 L. Adjust this according to your tank size and the colour shown in your drop checker.
- Take your drop checker and fill the reservoir half way with drop checker solution.
- Using the suction cup, submerge the drop checker around 15cm below the water and stick to the aquarium glass sides.
- Based on the concentration of your CO2 in your water, the colour of the solution will change. This could take up to 2 hours before you get your first reading.
- Check the colour. Blue = too little CO2 concentration, Yellow = too much CO2 (dangerous levels for fish), Green = optimum levels of CO2 for plants and fish safety.
- Based on your reading, adjust your CO2 bubble rate using your regulator if required. Wait a further 2 hours for concentration of CO2 to change and check your readings again.
TIP: You will need to turn your CO2 ON 1-2 hours before the lights come on to ensure CO2 levels are increased ready for the photo period.