Micranthemum Umbrosum is a splendid foreground/mid-ground plant with small leaves. Easily propagate by cutting along a main stem and replanting in substrate, new roots will form. Brighter light allows ideal growth of foreground plant; in lower light conditions consider planting as midground plant.
Micranthemum Umbrosum can also be used to carpet the foreground, if trimmed regularly to shape and keep it under control. Also widely used as a mid-ground bush, you can simply trim to keep it's size and shape. In Dutch aquascaping, this plant is cleverly trimmed to create round bushes in the mid-ground
To prepare Micranthemum Umbrosum for planting:
- Remove the pot from the rockwool
- Carefully tear the rockwool away from the roots. Be carefully not to damage the roots
- Separate tho plant into several small portions
- Using aquascaping tweezers plant each portion into your substrate about 2-3cm apart from each other
- Using finer gravel types makes for easier planting
Write an online review and share your thoughts with other shoppers!
Reviewer: mike smith S. Wales
My Micranthemum Umbrosum arrived in pristine condition, and 7 days latter is already looking established. Aquarium Gardens have never failed to provide me with super plants matched with a super service.