CO2 Nano Glass Drop Checker
Monitoring and maintaining the correct CO2 levels in your planted aquarium is vital to it's success. The drop checker is reservoir for an indicative fluid that tells you whether you have too much, too little or the correct levels of CO2 for your plants to grow and safe for fish.
How to install your CO2 Drop Checker
- Take your drop checker and fill the reservoir half way with drop checker solution.
- Using the suction cup, submerge the drop checker around 15cm below the water and stick to the aquarium glass sides.
- Based on the concentration of your CO2 in your water, the colour of the solution will change. this could take up to 2 hours before you get your first reading.
- Check the colour. Blue = too little CO2 concentration, Yellow = too much CO2 (dangerous levels for fish), Green = optimum levels for plants and fish.
- Based on your reading, adjust your CO2 bubble rate using your regulator if required. Wait a further 2 hours for the concentration of CO2 to change and check your readings again.
TIP: You will need to turn your CO2 ON 1-2 hours before the lights come on to ensure CO2 levels are increased ready for the photo period.
Write an online review and share your thoughts with other shoppers!